Let’s Talk Curl Type 4
07 March 2018
It’s a truth universally acknowledged that curly hair is difficult to manage. It can look absolutely stunning, and gain you loads of compliments, but getting it right usually requires a lot of work. And there are multiple challenges to overcome every day, like simply finding the time to dry your hair.
On this curl-based hair type system, Type 4 hair is identified as curly hair that falls in S-shaped curls and ringlets. It has a lot of natural body and “poofy” bounce, unlike straighter hair, but the raised cuticle of this rougher hair type means it’s more prone to frizz. That makes hard-to-control hair even more difficult to style.
Curly hair can be very temperamental, so here are three tips and three products to make your life a bit easier.
Curly hair counsel
- Trim the ends of your curls regularly, even if your dream is waist-length locks like some fairy-tale princess. Tangles start with ragged ends. Likewise, when combing your hair, start gently at the bottom, and then work back towards the scalp.
- Never skip the conditioner. Actually, this is your no. 1 rule for managing curly hair. The curlier your hair, the drier it is, as natural scalp oils struggle to reach the end of strands. Conditioning provides much-needed nourishment for the full length of your hair.
- Air dry your hair. To avoid damage and frizz, resist the urge to frantically towel dry. Rather tousle your locks with your fingers, or blast it with a hairdryer. If you must use a hairdryer, attach the diffuser and set the heat low.
A recommended regime for Curl Type 4
The high-performance Curl Control range from L’Oréal Professionnel has been developed specially for curly and dry hair.
- Curl Contour Shampoo works for natural curls, waves and even straight hair being prepared for curling. Ultra-nourishing glycerin hydrates and defines curls while cleansing.
- Low-lather Curl Contour Cleansing Conditioner cleans and conditions in one, meaning it can substitute for both shampoo and conditioner. It defines and detangles curls too.
- Curl Contour Masque is a lightweight gel treatment that provides intense nourishment for dry curled hair. Curls are defined, and cuticles smoothed for greater control and less frizz.
You can find these products exclusively at salons. Find your nearest stockist here.
I like this article
Be the first to like this article
Oops, something went wrong! Please try again later...